Thursday, June 21, 2012

the best day of our lives.










 Sweetest day of my life. 
No words could truly come close to describing it. 
But I will try my hardest.

I was scheduled for an induction at 5 am the morning of June 20th.
I didn't want to be induced but he was getting to be quite a big boy, they were worried I wouldn't be able to get him out.
We got there and they got me hooked up to the IV, after 3 attempts of finding my vein and blowing out all 3.
They started up the pitocin and we waited, and waited and waited. 
 I was told I should rest (Jonathan and I both had about 1 1/2 hours of sleep, we both agreed it was like Christmas Eve night on steroids) but of course, I couldn't sleep a wink.
At 11:30 am the doctor came in. I hadn't had any discomfort so far at all.
He broke my water, and kaboom.The contractions came flooding in. So the next 2 hours or so are a complete blur to me. Pain does that I guess. I ended up getting the epidural, they had to hold me down just to give it to me. I actually made Jonathan throw out his back from holding me down, sorry baby :(

  Once it kicked in I was able to relax a little, but after about an hour the epi wore off quite a bit and I was miserable again. It had only been an hour since I was at about 5 cm, so I was very discouraged at this point. I didn't want to do this anymore. Then my midwife came in, check me and said the best words I've ever heard, "You are a 9, we can start pushing." What!? YES!! I all the sudden had a new wind, our sweet, perfect boy was going to be here soon! I couldn't even believe it. Well, I won't get into too many of the details of the actual birth, but lets say it is by far the hardest thing I've ever done. I reached a point of "I CAN NOT do this." But Jonathan, my mother, my sister Tiffany and Jonathan's mother Tonya then all became my strength. I was so surrounded by love and they each brought some sort of strength to the table to get me through.
  At 4:32 pm Tobyn Iver Hobby was born.There were some complications and he had fluid in his lungs when he came out, he was put onto my chest and I was so overwhelmed, overjoyed and exhausted. But then they took him right away. I didn't know what was happening. They had him on my left and were suctioning out his mouth, over and over and over. I was petrified. I kept looking to Jonathan for reassurance, he was so strong. The kept saying he was fine, they just didn't like how his breathing was sounding and they were going to take him to the NICU for a little while. While it could have been so much worse, that's nothing anyone wants to hear about their baby. 

They took him away, I got all cleaned and stitched up and ate the best cheeseburger of my life.

They decided within the first hour of him in there that he was perfectly healthy. That was at about 5:30. 
We didn't get him in our room until 11pm that night though! We thought we were going to DIE. 
But oh, when he finally got there... That moment of him being handed to us, our sweet son, and getting to hold him without anyone taking him away was absolutely priceless.

  I slept maybe an hour that night. I didn't want to waste any time not just looking at him, and holding his super tiny body. I will never forget the love that quickly grew and multiplied just in that one night. Its unreal.

Lyz

No comments:

Post a Comment