Tuesday, November 12, 2013

a shower of blessings


I have been blessed with a child that loves to get clean. If you say the "B" word around him, the whole world stops and that's all he's worried about from then on out. Lately, since Jonathan has gone back to work, Tobyn and I just shower together, it's the only way I can ever hope to get one. I used to gripe about it, that that was my only alone time, which is true. But I've started to just enjoy the sweet, unforgettable memories we have while splashing around. 

  My wiggly toddler has gotten to a stage where I barely get cuddles due to his never ending energy. But in the shower, he will hold his arms up to me, wanting to be cuddled. There we will stand under the amazing warm water and he will lay his sweet little head on my chest and close his eyes. I know every time that that is a moment God just handed to me as a priceless gift. As we shower cuddled this morning, I almost lost it. I just couldn't imagine my child not having warm water to stand under while he relaxed his little head on my chest. But yet over 783 million people don't have access to clean water, and lack of access to clean water and sanitation kills children at a rate equivalent of a jumbo jet crashing every four hours. 
Those children don't even have clean water, let alone hot water.
 I have been so complacent lately  complaining about the struggles we've encountered in the past few months. But after this morning, and a God given moment with my baby boy, I've realized just how foolish I've been. We have an extremely healthy child, a roof over our heads, food in our bellies and clean, warm water. We are rich compared to the rest of the world. And it's not because we deserve it either. The Lord has blessed us endlessly, and I'm ready to give back to His people. 

  Just as we head into this holiday season, please, as cliche as it sounds, count your blessings. Before you get upset that you don't have the trendiest Christmas decorations, a $1,000 budget for presents or a new dress for that Christmas party, stop and ask yourself, am I truly without? Because more than likely, you aren't. 

Here is a link to an organization that I have loved or years. http://www.charitywater.org/whywater/
They bring fresh clean water to villages and families that need it. I'm going to try and get involved with this organization the best I can with my family. Check out the wonderful things they are doing in people's lives and maybe you'll be led to join in as well!

All the blessings,
Lyndsey 

No comments:

Post a Comment